Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 11, 2010



I was remembering hanging out with Sly Stone in Hollywood and didn't realize how rare this is. Sly is apparently very reclusive and private.

Jo and I arrived in LA and were waiting to book into our hotel off Sunset when he gestures to a cat striding across the lobby and says, "man I think that's Sly." I roll my eyes, five minutes in Hollywood and we meet the coke king. Jo knows Sly through George Clinton, who always said, "I ain't doin' nothing but what Sly invented." They arrange to hook up later. I'm very worried. Jo and coke are really good, extremely fucked up friends. Trouble.

Later we visit Sly's room. He's sitting up in bed flanked by two bad bitches, one chocolate, the other vanilla, a mirror on the covers heaped with white powder. I split. There's nothing more boring than people doing blow, I don't care who they are.

... More later.

Quote of the Day
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke

Image ... Genzyme. Allston, Mass. This is the new building on Storrow Drive (next to the old 'cathedral'). Notice the helix stairway.

No comments:

Post a Comment