Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010



Here's my outside office. It's off in the west corner of the garden under a grape arbor. That's one of the vines in the middle of the picture. There's a big blue patio umbrella above which says Samuel Adams, a local patriot and brewer. I'm working on a drawing and reading Albert Murray, who I just don't get. My camera bag is in the background. The view (to the right) looks across the river, over the reeds and through the trees to the towers of Back Bay. Such a poetic, peaceful place.

Photographed a Vietnamese wedding party in front of St. Kevin's yesterday. There were two photographers, a videographer (I guess you call them), someone taking pictures with a small digital and me. For like four people. I was cracking up so hard I just snapped a single frame of the whole funny scene and split fast.

3:00 AM. My favorite time. Crickets and cats own the night, both singing their sex songs. And something distant that I can't quite place. The restless hum of civilization? Moon sailing through cloudy skies, pulled westward by a bright planet. Email from Fred, such a love.



Quote of the Day
Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.
Plautus

Image ... Outside office.

No comments:

Post a Comment