Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 8, 2010



An at home day. Resting up for a big week, making a real push on the Yarmouth Street garden. Cleaning up the house for a guest, a friend of A's, arriving tomorrow. Writing and slipping the chores in between, which breaks things up nicely. No one wants to write full time any more than they want to mop floors constantly. Well, OK, maybe that's just me. But that is me.

The photograph above was made looking through the windows of an abandoned restaurant on Dudley Street in Dorchester. Attached to the restaurant is a beautiful glass greenhouse or conservatory. The image combines both the interior view and the view from outdoors reflected in the glass, both planes overlapping and melding. A few filters were applied, of course, but not as much as you might think. Some scenes naturally tend towards abstraction and this is one of them. But then, what I actually did I can't recall, I seldom do. Editing images, like making them, occurs in a trance, no thought required or possible.

Programmed a poetry / spoken word set on Radio Roofscape. I've been getting little or no reaction recently, but with this the emails came flying in. One comment, "Glad to know someone else likes poetry on Sunday." Good point. Poetry it is now on Sundays. I've done this gospel thing for a year now and taken it as far as I can, much as I love it. We'll call it The Poet's Corner.

S and I got the house all shiny and brand new for A's anticipated guest. I actually did my whole toDo list. This may be a first. Went shopping. The neighborhood stores suck. Shelves of sugar cereals and cat food, but try to find a loaf of bread without the word Wonder on it, if that. Same for the supermarket in Fields, all fluff.

Quote of the Day
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec

Image ... Seven50 Grill. Uphams Corner, Dorchester.
Click on image to view full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment