Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 22, 2010





This display was in the window of a flower shop on Parmenter Street, which runs between Hanover and Salem, in the North End. The sculpture is based on the Bird Girl cemetery figure featured on the cover of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. This must have been taken around the time that the movie version made by Clint Eastwood came out.

I read the book, second hand I think, but all I can recall about it is a flamboyant transvestite. But maybe that's just me. I read the whole of Henry Miller's output and recall less than zero.

We finally had some rain overnight. Cooler and less humid today. It's been extremely oppressive for several weeks. I've just been laying low, taking advantage of everyone being away, downing bottles of frozen water from the fridge which last no time at all in this heat. Next week work. My jobs are seldom air conditioned and usually involve moderate to strenuous physical effort. In other words, sweat, and lots of it.

Researching string theory. The gist of it anyway. Not easy to understand and once the technical and math kick in - and it is all math - forget it. Wish I had Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe here with me. An excellent introduction, and of which I just found out a 4-part PBS Nova series was made. Must have.

Edited 8 new photos for Roofscape Journal (to appear right here). Images from our large library which I'm revisiting, reediting, passed over in the past and a couple of new ones from others. Made 8 new journal pages, almost to end of month, with scheduled loading. Perfect heavy lifting for a hot-humid sunshine-filled summer day. And still washing the porch. Looking all sorta very brand new. Thinking about and doing some research for the Yarmouth Street garden.

Made some great photos at the Vietnamese flower store around the way on Dot Ave. Returned and edited immediately.

Quote of the Day
Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Robert H. Schuller

Image ... Flower shop window. North End.

No comments:

Post a Comment