Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17, 2010





Finished updating Beans About Boston. I had a hunch it was going to kick me and it obliged. This fun little feature's some work. Still couldn't get the anchors to work. They link back and forth between the question and answer pages but not to the specific ones on the pages. What does it all mean. I throw up my hands. Net mysteries.

Still working on Dr. King in Boston. Now writing about how ML and Coretta met. I'm maybe 1/2 to 2/3 way through the article.

Sunday is Cookout recipe development day. Today's is Caldo Verde, Green Soup, similar to the Cajun Gumbo z'Herbes, Green Gumbo, which we've made many times before. Actually, I've made Caldo many times too, but not knowing its real name just called it Portugese Kale Stew. I've often made a really hearty version with both chorizo and cod fish. This version will be vegetarian.

Made the soup. I ran all the potatoes and onions through the blender and the result was really thick, almost gelatinous as Peter commented. Fairly good, with a subtle smokey taste from the smoked parika, liquid hickory smoke and the smokey/meaty aged gouda. Probably could have done without the hickory. That stuff's powerful. I've finally learned my lesson.

The kitchen was nuts this morning. But fun. Four people all cooking at once at one point. A big party. Everybody eating and reading the Sunday papers. Freddie and I are going to make sausages - vegetarian, of course - next Sunday. We put in our request for the various exotica required to the week's designated shopper who left manfully with our odd list.

The new cover finished I'm back on the Dr. King in Boston article. Charles made an excellent suggestion that immediately made a huge improvement, and he has a few others awaiting in my inbox.

Image ... The Make Way for Ducklings sculpture in the Boston Public Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment